With the development of HVAC technology, the importance of material selection increases
HVAC is an abbreviation for “Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.” HVAC products and systems, consisting of various components such as heating and cooling devices, ventilation ducts, and control devices, are designed to maintain suitable indoor air quality and comfort in buildings. An HVAC system consists of different components, including heating equipment, air conditioning equipment, ventilation ducts, and control devices.
The heating system regulates the indoor temperature of a building during different seasons, while the air conditioning and ventilation systems ensure indoor air quality, humidity, and air circulation. Control and regulation devices are typically used to manage their operation, allowing for automated adjustment of indoor temperature, air flow, and humidity, for example.
HVAC-system is an important part of a building’s energy efficiency, and their proper design, control, and maintenance are crucial factors in ensuring a healthy indoor environment. At NMC Cellfoam, we have strong expertise in the field, with several major manufacturers that have been involved in collaborations with us.
Trends in HVAC Technology
HVAC technology is a constantly evolving field that aims to meet the growing needs of customers for a healthy and comfortable indoor climate, as well as energy efficiency and environmental friendliness. Our expert, Juha Lummaa, has listed some HVAC technology trends that have become important in the industry:
- Energy efficiency: HVAC systems can consume a significant amount of energy, so energy efficiency is a crucial factor. Consequently, new HVAC devices are increasingly energy-efficient, reducing electricity consumption and, therefore, environmental impact. Components such as fans and pumps now use less energy. Materials have also advanced, providing better thermal insulation values.
- Sustainability: Life cycle design of HVAC devices is important for the environment. Manufacturers aim to promote circular economy by making devices more easily recyclable, using recycled materials, and designing sustainable and long-lasting solutions.
- Long lifespan: HVAC devices are costly investments, so their lifespan is an important consideration. Typical device lifespan is over 10 years and can even span several decades. Durability is essential, and maintainability is important. Manufacturers strive to develop devices that operate for long periods in varying conditions with minimal maintenance.
- Maintainability: Regular maintenance of HVAC devices is essential for them to operate as intended and reliably throughout their lifespan. New devices are designed and manufactured to be easily maintainable, further improving their longevityand reliability.
- User-friendliness: The usability, monitoring, and adjustability of HVAC devices have improved with new intelligent control technologies. Automatically adjustable ventilation and HVAC devices controlled by smart devices not only simplify everyday life but also save energy and ensure a healthy and comfortable indoor environment in all conditions.
- Noise levels: Noise can be disruptive, especially in residential areas. New HVAC devices are increasingly quieter, improving indoor comfort. Fan features and insulation can affect noise formation and transmission in devices.
In summary, HVAC technology aims to meet the growing needs for comfort, energy efficiency, and environmental friendliness. In addition to these, recyclability, long lifespan, user-friendliness, adjustability, low noise levels, and device maintainability are important factors that manufacturers strive to address.
NMC Cellfoam as a promoter of the HVAC Industry
We are a strong product development organization capable of providing high-quality cellular plastic solutions and material recommendations to meet customer needs. We actively participate in customer product development and offer assistance, such as prototype production, testing, and measurements. We collaborate with domestic and international educational and research institutions and participate in research projects to develop expertise and new solutions.
Our strengths include an extensive range of material options and close collaboration with multiple material suppliers. We can manufacture customized products according to customer requirements and drawings, such as various insulation and sealing materials used in HVAC devices. Our capability to perform partial assembly also allows for the integration of different materials, such as finishing a metal component manufactured elsewhere. Our strengths also include reliable delivery and an efficient quality control system.